Treceți la conținutul principal

What is it?


                                                      

          Art. We all heard this one before. But, what is it exactly? Is it dancing? Is it a painting of  some sort?
         Someone once told me that art is everywhere, and I didn’t believe him. I chose to believe what everyone else told me: that art is useless, that you can’t do anything with it, and you can’t build a future around it.
         But I see it now. I see that I was wrong. It’s  surrounding us. It starts from hearing music for the first time; from the hand of a curious child holding a pencil. It’s your favorite color, your favorite song. Yes, art means painting, dance, theatre.
         Art also means love, sadness, the feeling you have when you can sense tears about to rush from your eyes, the blush of the sky when the sun goes away…
         And in some way, I always felt drawn to nature, to dying and being born again. I always felt deeply: love, regret, loss, sadness. I always observed things that kids my age didn’t.
         I asked for markers from my parents when I didn’t even knew how to talk well. Since then, I never stopped drawing. It was ”my thing”, my passion; soon to become my mission. I am just an art’s messenger. One of many others… Because if you look really closely, art is among us since the beginning of human kind; or maybe even before that… Art has been here in any shape. First: light, fire, caves and hieroglyphs; birds singing, a human touch…love? Then, we discovered wood, paper, colors; music and a strong feeling that you have to move and shake your legs to it; happiness… Nowdays, everything builds around tehnology, so art is adjusting, evolving.
          What I’m trying to say is…Art is the only thing that will never go away. With every century that passes, whatever millenium you’re in, art is still there, here, anywhere. Because we ourselves are someone’s creations. Art is inside you, inside every single one of us and everywhere around… Just take a look!

Comentarii