Treceți la conținutul principal

February Sun

          At that very moment I felt invincible; like time couldn’t catch me.
I was standing still on the doorway, the Sun touching my skin. I could feel the shy heat on my arms, giving me
shivers.
          I couldn’t bear to raise my head and look at Him. He saved me. So I just kept my head down. It’s been so long, but I felt a licker of hope, of happiness.  My gaze stopped on a small cat, making its way around me, just trying to exist. I stare at it,  lost in thoughts…  I see her soft furr, I hear the sound she constantly makes, like she’s enjoying herself, or she really wants something from me; the way she walks without making any noise, like she’s floating…  I wonder, what is she thinking right now?  How does she see me? Do I mean anything to her? How small and insignificant our lives can be!... Our problems can be nothing or they can be everything if we let them.
         I thought that I survived; I did. I’ve been through thick and thin, through ice and cold; the wind that blows a thousand souls and knocks them down into the ground… I’m here.  I survived, at last, just so I can feel His gaze upon my skin…my heart, just one last time. Today, I am here, everywhere; I am now; I am nothing at all. 

Comentarii