Treceți la conținutul principal

Tree of Knowledge

       Sometimes I wonder how my life is going to be. And I lay down with my head leaning on my arm, sitting in silence. I can't hear anything but at the same time I can hear it all. I'm listening to the sound my fridge constantly makes; to the strange crackling noises of my old TV. I can't hear the wind, but somehow I can feel it on my face; on my small shoulders; on my pale skin, even in my bones. Thought it's winter, the shy sunshine cracks throught the window.

       Sometimes I wonder if all this is even real. I can see the button from my jacket clearly. I can imagine a whole other universe, different from ours. Maybe that's how another creature sees us. Maybe we live in the bracelet of a lady giant or maybe in her neckless. Or maybe in the dream of a really passionate writer. But I barely touch the back of my neck, scratching it with my long nails and I feel all my nerves coming together to that spot, making me aware of the pleasure. And I know in some kind of way that it's all real. But there's so much to life that we don't know. And I guess we'll never know; that's haunting me to death and beyond. I've always felt so hollow and I had no idea why but now I'm trying to find out. This feeling makes a fool out of me, dissapearing for a while just to come back stronger.
         But God, if you hear me... I don't know what I'll be in this life or how it will end. You can punish me like you did with Adam and Eve for wanting to know more, but I promise you I'll never stop looking because I know it's inside me. Inside each one of us blind, foolish human beings. I am the Tree of Knowledge. 

Comentarii